Thursday, September 06, 2007

A new school year

At the beginning of every school year, I used to get excited and anxious to start new habits and to focus my energies. The fall used to be my favorite season. It's changed a bit since we moved to Chapel Hill where the spring is amazing. We never had much spring in Boston. I love crisp fall days with sunny blue skies and fresh cool air.

Even though I am no longer in school, I still try to re-start in the fall. I try to take on new challenges and start new projects.

This past month, I have been focusing on getting in shape. I joined a local gym. I signed up for a year membership! I've even been going to the gym. (Please don't faint!) And, a first, I met with a personal trainer. I'm learning how to use the machines and get on a program. I'm excited because I have never had the training and individual attention that I clearly need.

Wish me luck, and no injuries!

2 comments:

noricum said...

Good luck!

suec said...

well- good for you. having someone work with you at the gym is very helpful. perhaps i should try to follow your example and start an exercise regimen- i have at least be thinking about it....sue