Saturday, March 18, 2006

3 frozen embryos

We had a call this week from a nurse at the Brigham & Women's Hospital. She wanted to know what we wanted to do with our three remaining frozen embryos. I'm not sure.

I think I'm too old to have another pregnancy and new baby. Definitely too old to have triplets!!!!! Still, they were so hard to make and I feel they should have a chance.

I need to think more about this. My head says no, my heart says yes. Of course, I've been thinking about them for seven years since we made them. It would be very hard to destroy them. Leave them in the freezer? For how long? Why?

I wish I could donate them to a couple who needs embryos. How different is that from donating a baby?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yournot to old momy.

Dot Com Mom said...

I know you want a sister, Zoe. I'm sorry, but I'm feeling done. Children are a lot of responsibility and work.

Anonymous said...

Mom, I will help. Really I promise

Dot Com Mom said...

thanks, sweetie. I will help you with your babies. love mommy