Thursday, October 19, 2006

Pumpkins

Bob, Zoe and Owen went shopping for pumpkins today. I sent them to Whole Foods where they are 3 for $12. They kids were excited and the pumkins were good.

Of course, Zoe wanted one on the bottom of the pile. Owen kept saying, "punkin OH-ringe, not lellow." (Translation: Pumkins are orange, not yellow.)

At work today, we had pumpkin butter on crackers. It was really good. Then, tonight on the way home from my ArtsCenter class, I stopped at Weaver Street Market and bought two pieces of pumpkin cheesecake.

We're planning to go to the State Fair on Saturday. I hope it's not too crowded. Last year it was an exhausting and fun day. I hope to see the biggest pumpkin grown in North Carolina.

I think that's enough pumpkin for one post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if you are really serious about your pumpkin foods you have to try the pumpkin pumpkin (yep twice)pie from whole foods- it is the best pumpkin pie ever. i also make these febulous pumpkin orange cookies.... sue