Tuesday, October 02, 2007

There is something righteous about going to the gym

Did you ever notice the smug, happy looks on the faces of people coming out of the gym? When are we ever so righteous or proud? No, we certainly do not feel this good--not after leaving the dentist (ouch!), not after (finally) getting a pedicure, and certainly not after attending a PTA meeting. I have felt same on a few other special proud occasions. I have sported the look a few times in the past. I have felt it in the past like the day before and of our wedding, and when I brought home our kids from the hospital.

I’ve seen it on other people too. It’s rare, but nice to see. Lately, I’ve seen it a lot more often. There is something righteous about going to the gym.

What is more virtuous a feeling than leaving your gym with a flushed face, slightly, wobbly knees and the burn in muscles you don’t ordinarily use on a normal day? Well, I’m still at it. I just finished week four. Now, I have that self-righteous, satisfied look.

No comments: