Thursday, January 03, 2008

Iowa do us proud

Why the fate of this nation is to be decided upon by some, um, yahoos in cornfields is beyond me. Why does one state get to decide? It's just like hanging chads or the electoral college. Our country is diluting the power of the voters to actually decide.

And, we wonder why people don't bother to vote. I see people more interested in American Idol than the election. Maybe it's because they actually believe that their individual votes count.

Now, I do vote, and don't watch American Idol. So maybe I'm the exception?

All I'm asking is that you Iowans to do the right thing. I ask that you do us proud and remedy the sickness we've been under. And, I'll try to stop calling you yahoos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

was iowa what you had hoped? at least you can say that nothing is decided yet. what an intriguing year on both sides!