Monday, September 11, 2006

9/11 and the World Trade Center

The memories I have of 9/11 are still fresh. I took the train to work because it was a beautiful day. I was scheduled to hold a weekly staff meeting at 10:00. I was preparing for the meeting in my office, when we heard the news of the plane hitting the World Trade Center building.

It still affects me emotionally, deeply, no viscerally.

Ten years before this, I actually worked on the 43rd floor of the World Trade Center. I only worked there a few months doing a freelance job. I thought it was so cool being on the 43rd floor, but remembered there were over 60 floors above me. The views were amazing.

It was a heady time for me living in New York, being happy about our upcoming wedding plans. We were young and struggling. Bob was in law school; I was trying to find good work.

I think about the people I worked with and wonder if they are all alive. I can't imagine what I would have done if I were in their shoes.

It's just a tiny snippit of my life.

No comments: