Thursday, September 07, 2006

Improving health and school starting

I was surprised this morning when my wedding band just fell off my hand. It's gotten looser. I guess I've lost a few pounds. That's a good thing.

My skin problems are almost cleared up. I'm still on some drugs and a bit itchy and spotted. My dermatologist doesn't want to see me for two weeks. I am very sick of going to the doctor. My primary care doctor was sorry for all I'd been through. She should be since she didn't manage my case very well.

Today I'm appreciating all the free time I have. I was spending at least an hour a day putting on ointments and creams, taking pills, bandaging, cleaning and soaking. I have a bit more time to blog.

Other important events: Miss Z. is back at school. She's excited and already loves her teacher. There are only 18 kids in her class. We went to meet her teacher and feel good about everything.

We had a busy Labor Day weekend. We had a rain storm and power failure on Thursday. Owen was very freaked out about the lights going on and off for a couple minutes. He kept asking, "What happened?" We had a meeting with Zoe's teacher Friday afternoon, a visitor from Boston came over for dinner on Friday night. We did a bunch of errands and house clean up on Saturday. I made three batches of brownies, and 36 deviled eggs for two parties on Sunday. We had our annual block party in the afternoon and a knitting group get together on Sunday night at my house. My knitting buddies came over to watch the Spike Lee HBO movie, When the Levees Broke. Then on Monday, we had a day-long play date with two kids and their mom stayed for dinner. Whew! I'm a bit tired.

On Labor Day, Zoe woke up early and came into our room. She wanted to know what Labor Day was. After my coffee, I explained to her the significance of the day with a bit of pinko, commie, lefty, May-Day spin on it all. I guess my Marxist Economics class was useful for something.

No comments: