Sunday, August 27, 2006

Fourteen years ago

 
August 29, 1992 was our wedding day.

It was a beautiful, warm day on Cape Cod, Massachusetts. It was sunny and breezy. We had a lovely place and a nice simple wedding.

There was so much to prepare and arrange. It was truly a team effort.

I remember all the hard work that cousin Nancy did on the beautiful flowers and decorations. The hundred pink and white ballons that Alan strung up to decorate the place. We engaged a harpist for music--it was beautiful. My friend Michael, a trained actor, read us a special poem. David overdid himself in making our cake. Our volunteer videographer, who didn't show up, disapointed us all. Bob and Jeff took the pictures. Jeremy was the ring bearer who wouldn't smile.

We had champagne and hor'dourves served on the lawn. The hot, long receiving line in the sun. Fish and chicken buffet was served for luncheon. I remember catching up with cousins and family from far away, and meeting members of our new blended family.

I remember dancing first with my husband, then with my father, and lastly Jody, my father-in-law. Jody was an award-winning ballroom dancer. I was nervous but it all went very well. Lastly, Loraine and Jody hit the floor and showed off their stuff. It put the rest of us to shame.

It was all over so quickly. We have zipped through the past 14 years with equal speed.
 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

LUCRECIA said...

thanks for writing me a comment, are you living in usa? i am from Argentina, in South America, i hope we can share our stories by our blogs. You fotograph of you wedding is beautiful, bye , lucrecia.