Saturday, August 12, 2006

a stroke

My father suffered a stroke today. This is not his first one. Luckily he was found quickly and rushed to the hospital in time to get the drugs that help if you get them soon enough. I'm glad he wasn't home alone. I'm very glad that he lives in Boston where there are good hospitals.

The primary cause of his bad health is cigarette smoking, bad diets, lack of excercise, and maybe bad genetics. At least my father has had better medicine to keep him alive longer.

When I saw him last week, he reminded me of his father. He'd lost weight and looked grey. It struck me that he looked very much like him. Of course, my memories of my grandfather are faint. He died when I was 8.

Alas, I don't have a single photo of my grandfather. He died young of a heart attack. I fear my father will too.

No comments: