Thursday, December 21, 2006

Homesick

At this time of the year I do get a little homesick. I miss the traditions that I grew up with. They're simple things like the hustle-bustle of going shopping in "downtown" Boston, visiting Faneuil Hall, seeing the lights on the Boston Common, eating Chinese take-out with my family on Christmas, and just doing the same things you've done for years and years and years.

Project 351 gives me a chance to see some of the familiar sights. There are a lot of references to Boston on the internet to give me a taste of home.

And, luckily, next week I'm going to stop in Boston on my way to Canada for a business trip. I'll get to spend some time with friends and family. Even though it's only a couple days, it's nice to go home.

1 comment:

noricum said...

It sucks being homesick. :(

*hugs*!

Where in Canada will you be going? Will you be in Montreal by any chance? I'm there next week... it would be fun to get together if we're both there. :) (I'm guessing probably Toronto, but I thought I'd check anyway.)