Tuesday, May 01, 2007

I'm in no shape to exercise

Yes, I'm in no shape to exercise. Sad, but true. Well, we have started to exercise every night. We're starting slow with walking. Walking is the only thing we can all do together. It's day five and I'm trying to figure out how to fit it in tonight. Tuesdays, I usually work late and go out from 7-9. I'm either going to have to go after 9PM, or leave work early and walk before my usual Tuesday night knitting group.

And, it's pretty hot today. I'm not ready for the heat. Once it gets hot, walking after dusk is much more tolerable. Or, we'll have to switch to early morning or in-door exercise. Of course, the pool will also be an option in a few weeks.

We're trying to go after dinner. We all went for a 25-minute walk last night. We had to nearly drag the kids for the last block.

I have trouble starting while the kids are raring to go. I'm always coming up with excuses. But, no more. That's it. We're doing it.

2 comments:

noricum said...

On the positive side, dragging the kids increases the exercise *you* get. ;)

Nicky's going to be the death of me, I think. My joints, particularly my knees, and my hands are *killing* me!

Anonymous said...

it's always the starting which is hard and then just when you think you've made a good habit of it, the little excuse devils get you and you start slacking; i'm trying to get back in the regular habit of walking myself; you can be inspiration, okay? sue