Thursday, March 06, 2008

k. d. lang at UNC's Memorial Hall

Wow, that’s all I can say. Zoe and I went to the k. d. lang performance at UNC's Memorial Hall in Chapel Hill.  It was a thrilling event for me. 

 

The last time I saw her was in Boston before Zoe was born.  It’s pretty clear that k. d. lang enjoyed herself last night.  I was amused to see that she can smile while singing. She had a wonderful response from and connection with the audience.

 

The concert featured songs from her latest album, Watershed, and several from Hymns of the 49th Parallel album.  Her amazing voice, transformed Leonard Cohen’s "Hallelujah."  She brought tears to my eyes.

 

Zoe was very upset that she did not sing her personal favorite, "After the Gold Rush" (Neil Young).  Still, she was happy to have a night on the town with mom.

 

Memorial Hall is a beautifully-restored venue. The opening act touring with k. d. lang is a very accomplished pianist, Dustin O'Halloran.  As far as piano instrumentals go, it was excellent.

2 comments:

suec said...

Well Hurrah that you and Zoe had a fabulous time and that k.d. was all that....Wish I could have been there. Sue

Anonymous said...

no pics?