Thursday, June 19, 2008

Flying solo at the library

Last night, my kind husband brought the kids to their swimming lesson. They take swimming on Monday and Wednesday night at our neighborhood pool. I went on Monday, dragged my visiting mother along, and we sweated for over an hour. During swim lessons, nobody else is allowed in the pool.

With this nice bit of freedom, I went to the Chapel Hill library BY MYSELF for only the second time since we moved here four years ago. Going to the library solo is such a gift. I was able to browse, look up several books that I've been meaning to read, and actually read at the library. I returned all but three books, extended the three that are outstanding, paid off our overdue fees, and replaced my card with the nifty key-chain version. It's amazing what simple pleasures there are to be had.

No comments: