Thursday, March 22, 2007

Carolina Blue

Today I picked up the kids and we went to Wilson Park in Carrboro. The weather was lovely. The sky here is just an incredible blue. Spring is a wonderful time here. We have to savor it because summer is just too much. It was hard to pull away and be the responsible adult. We could have stayed until nightfall.

Spring in Boston was a fleeting and short season. You can miss it if you are busy and don't deliberately pay attention. Sometimes we missed it altogether. One year, I went to the UK for nine days in April and we missed the Boston Spring. Here we get a true Spring with warm days and blue skies.

The flowers are blooming and everyone is sneezing from the pollen. The Bradford Pear trees are white as if covered by snow when in fact they are flowers. I can't say I appreciate their aroma, but they are lovely to drive past.

Here's a special shout out to my friend Anna. Happy Birthday! I hope to catch up with you soon.

My husband is away for a couple days, so I'm doing all the tough adult work. I had to miss book group tonight even though I actually finished the book early. It's too bad, because I was eager to hear what people thought about the book.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - I sure am sorry to be missing spring there!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes! Lovely to hear so much news this month - you are a blogging wiz!